Wednesday 7 November 2012

An Cailleach Bheara

A post on Samhainn will follow shortly, but in the meantime I just wanted to bring a beautiful short film to your attention.

I can't embed the video here, it seems, but follow this link to watch it - it's only eight minutes long and the visuals are quite beautiful. The film references a few traditional stories about An Cailleach Bheara, although it concentrates on one in particular; I found this ages ago and meant to post it, but lost the link and it's only now I've found it - in good time for the season, perhaps!

Anyway, if you haven't seen it already, enjoy.

6 comments:

Laurel said...

Thank you for sharing this! I hope that you are having/had a wonderful Samhain! :)

Kathryn Price NicDhàna said...

Love! Love! Love!

Seren said...

I had a great Samhainn, Laurel, thank you! Things didn't go quite according to plan here, but I don't think it was any the worse for it. I hope you had a good one too.

Grey Cat Sidhe said...

Oh, that was just amazing. An Cailleach has become an important figure to me. This film really captured her well, I think, although I am also very drawn to her stormy moods as well.

Judith said...

I can't watch flash on my little so Sheena googled the Irish Film Board and we watched (among other things) Granny O'Grim's Bedtime Story, which is brilliant!

mama p said...

i love this!!